Since there is a change of weather in Chennai we combined our ‘letter of the week + craft activity’ together into the following ‘Craft Learning’ ?
- Blue chart/ blue Color paper (here I have used the scrap blue handmade paper from the 7 Continents activity)
- Card stock/ Thick paper
- Color papers
- Cotton, sequins, paint,.. (craft decorating items of your choice)
Letter Ww Craft Making:
??For the Uppercase Alphabet W:
- Cut 4 rectangular strips (Sunny, Cloudy, Rainy, Snowy days) from the blue chart paper and Place it along with the materials of cottons, sequins, paints…
- And teach your little one to make the types of weather on each rectangular strips of the letter W as shown below
- Let your little one glue the types of weather striped rectangular paper they made in the shape of W onto the card stock (Color of your choice which acts as the base, we glued our W onto a scrap black foam sheet) as shown below
As they make the letter W they not only learn about the letter W but also the words weather, sunny day, cloudy day, rainy day, snowy day.. ?
??For the Lowercase alphabet w:
Since we dint have the required Color paper at the moment we improvised by making our own…
- Horizontally Divide the A4 sheet into two and let your little one Color the upper part in blue Color and the lower part in brown Color (to make the sky and the mud/soil) respectively
- Mommy helped Baby Moo to draw (snake shaped) grasses in the mud
- Then draw small w on a Color paper (of your choice) and cut it and let your little one glue it onto the scenery paper made
[Baby Moo even gave eyes and a smiling face for the little worm and said it’s a good worm mommy ??]
Here they learn the words worm, grass, green, mud, soil, sky.. ?
Make these fun crafts at home and “Enjoy the Changes in the Weather with your cute little worms” my lovelies ?
Stay tuned!!! For more “Letter of the Week Crafts” from the ChennaiMom ??❤️