At first we pronounce the word ‘COLOR’ in two different ways
- Color – American English
- Colour – Commonwealth English
Colors are the main characteristics of human visual perception which helps to differentiate between the hues of different color categories. Hence it’s very important for our little ones to learn about the colors so that they can differentiate and know about the colors of the world?
- Chart paper
- Sketche pens
- Cellophane tape
Here instead of using the words Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary; Mommy has used the words Cool, Warm, and Neutral Colors for Baby Moo to learn the concept in more fun and easy way
[Cool Colors – Purple?, Blue?, Green?; Warm Colors – Red❤️, Orange?, Yellow?; and Neutral Colors – Black, Brown, Gray, White]
- With the help of a compass draw a circle and divide it into six parts (warm+Cool Colors) on the top edge of the thick paper and color them using a crayon and below the circle write down the Neutral Colors
- And also cut small piece of circles from the felt, corresponding to the colors from the wheel you have drawn as shown below??
(As you can see Baby Moo started to match the colors and dint allow mommy to take one good picture ??♀️?)
- Take the Velcro cut into small squares and glue them onto the centers of the each (color) parts of the circle and for the Neutral Colors on the sides of the each colors as shown below??
- Tape the color wheel onto the wall were your toddler has an easy access to it on the daily basis so that your little ones can easily rip off the felt circle and put them back onto their corresponding colors by playing a matching game
From the above color wheel it’s very easy to teach your little ones about the cool and warm and neutral colors and also to learn to differentiate between them?
This Play way method by matching and learning about colors gives your toddler to sort and enjoy the learning about of the basics of the colors improving their recognition and identification skills which plays a major role in child development itself ?
Make this learning board activity at home to give a treat for your little ones eyes with all the warm, cool and neutral colors of the nature my lovelies?
Stay tuned!!! For more colorfilled activities from the ChennaiMom❤️??