This is an excellent simple Math activity for introducing the “Concept of Measurement” into our little ones?
- A4 sheet paper (2)
- Sketch pens
- Take the A4 sheet paper and draw some mathematical shapes of different sizes(BIG&small)
- Place the paper filled with shapes and the sketches near them and encourage your toddler to color them all
- Once colored, cut all the pieces and keep it aside (if you want to practice the scissor skill let your toddler do the cutting of the shapes and you can help them through)
- Take another sheet of paper divide it into two columns by writing BIG/small on each side of the paper and Place the divided sheet and the colored shape pieces onto a plate on a flat surface
- Teach your toddler to sort and paste the correct shapes in thier Corresponding column
This activity was filled with the same fun learning as it was during our first tryout?? Baby Moo even sorted and matched the glue bottles ???
This Activity helps your toddler to learn to differentiate between the sizes and sort them easily which develops thier fine motor skills, hand eye coordination, and most importantly it provides a fun learning, about the basics in Mathematical concepts ?
Enjoy making this ‘BIG & small sorting’ activity at home with your little ones and teach them to sort out the basic concepts of math through play and learning my lovlies?
Stay tuned!!! For more activities from the ChennaiMom ❤️??