Baby moo suddenly got interested in Rockets and started asking me “maa moo do, moo do”(that he wants to do and play with the Rocket) on seeing the rocket Video and so I wanted it to be fun playing with as well as educational, after surfing around in the net — came across some shape rocket activity!! it just ‘wowed’ me but it was made up of using paper and so to make it more durable I have used foam sheets
It takes approximately 30min to build the ?
- Foam sheets (colors of your choice)
- Black chart
- Yarn (yellow and orange)
- Strong glue (I have used fevi bond you can even use the Glue gun – Both does the job pretty well)
- Take foam sheets (colors of your choice) cut one rectangle; one circle; one triangle; two right angled triangles; one trapezium (I used different colors for each shape)
- Attach all the shapes together to form a rocket on anther foam sheet in the middle
- Trace the outer line and remove the shapes
- Using cutter cut along the outer line
- Take a black chart and place the outlined foam sheet to form a rocket silhouette and glue it together
Cut the yarn into long strips and add it below the trapezium to make it to look like fire ? (I even made a pocket to hold the shapes at the back of the chart so that parts won’t get lost)
This activity helps:
- In shape recognition
- To learn about puzzle
- To learn about Geometric shapes
- In Hand eye coordination
- To learn about Art and Colors
Have fun making this super easy shape Rocket at home and let your baby blast off up into the space lovelies ? ?
Stay tuned!!! For more activities from the ChennaiMom❤️??