?DIY Button The Snake?
Buttoning is no easy task for toddlers to do but then, “Practice makes a man perfect”– the same holds for the toddlers and that’s where this DIY buttoning the snake activity comes in. This is also a Montessori activity from which the toddlers learn their basic life skills.
This takes about 30min to make
- Ribbon (length depends upon the number of felt shapes you wish to use)
- Felt sheets (color, shapes and the number of sheets is of your choice)
- Big Button
- Strong glue (glue gun or fevi bond)
How To Make:
- Take and cut the felt sheets into (any shapes of your choice but it should bigger than the button you have) many squares as you wish
- Slit the squares (or any shapes you make) in the middle to form a hole (such that they can go into the button smoothly)
- Sew the button on the edge of the ribbon (loosely so that it would be easier for the toddlers to put in the squares)
- Button one square into the ribbon and bring it to other edge and glue it to the ribbon (so that it becomes the barrier, for stopping the other squares to fall from the ribbon, from the other edge)
- Once the glue gets dried up give them to your toddler and encourage them to button the squares onto the snake (ribbon)
This Activity helps:
- In the development of fine motor skills
- In buttoning skills
- For easy pencil gripping
- In hand eye coordination
- Shape recognition
Make this snake at home and enjoying feeding them with same or different shapes through learning the most basic skill of buttoning with your toddler lovelies?
Stay tuned!!! For more activities from the ChennaiMom ❤️??