??♀️We get freshly grounded coffee powder from Nilgiris shop in Chennai and mommy got an idea on seeing those coffee beans to match it up with basic mathematics and improve Baby Moos counting skills and thus the following activity??
- Coffee Beans
- Cardboard/foam sheets
- Coffee/tea cups
- Take the cardboard draw the shape of the cup that your toddler is using (number of cups to be drawn is totally of your choice) I drew ten cups since we are gonna practice the counting of numbers from 1-10
- Once drawn place the coffee beans and cardboard on a flat surface and let your little ones have some counting fun my lovelies ?
- Take paper tea/coffee cups (no. Of cups is of your choice)
- Cut a small handles from a cardboard and glue/insert it on/into the paper cups as shown below ??
**[Note: If the handles are glued, storage of the cups for later play would be a bit difficult… But if the handles are inserted into the cups, the storage is super easy ➡️ as the cups can be stacked up + handles are removable = takes less space]**
- Write the numbers (of your choice) on the handles (First we counted from 1-10 then from 11-20)
- Place the cups along with some coffee beans near your toddler and encourage them to read the number aloud and drop in the required amount of coffee beans inside the coffee cups and let them make some tasty fun coffee counting ?
He spent a whole hour playing with the coffee beans after learning some counting.., he even brought his construction vehicles along to play with while mommy prepared dinner for him…? This was a super simple to make and highly effective activity that was totally approved by Baby Moo ?
Make these cute counting cups and ‘brew’ some ‘counting skills’ into your little ones my lovelies?
Stay tuned!!! For more ‘brewed drinking’ activities from the ChennaiMom ??❤️