Baby moo is crazy about paints, everyday there will be at-least, twenty devoted minutes for “painting”. He never ever gets bored of it he just asks me “maa moo paint” (means that moo wants to paint) still practicing on the sentence formation? but I just love the way he tries to put the words to form a sentence, since we are speaking bilingual language(Tamil+English) at home. So coming back to his love for paints I was searching for a new way of painting and thus came the activity “Painting on Ice cubes”.
It’s a super simple activity that can be arranged within minutes, if you just have the ice cubes ready in your freezer?
- Ice cubes (quantity is of your choice)
- Tray, Storage bins, Plate (I used a medium sized plate because I had less ice cubes )
- Papers (if your baby surprises you by putting their hands in action?)
How to play:
- Make the ice cubes ready beforehand or you can even use the ice cubes which are going to waste from the freezer
- Place the ice cubes on a plate and paints next to it (arrange the whole supplies on a mat to make the painting less messy and easy to clean up)
- Encourage your baby to get into the action of painting the ice cubes (Mine just started to paint even before telling him to do ?)
Baby moo suddenly started to explore the cubes and the colors using his hands and that’s when the paper was needed for him to paint using his fingers(hands) and brush. He made beautiful hand prints and even made mommy to join the printing fun?
Since we used ice cubes on a plate and it’s really hot here in Chennai we had to remove the melted water more often but still we enjoyed painting on the ice cubes till the shape of the cubes lasted
This activity is one of a kind activity which provides our baby with sensorial development and art education (2in1)?
Try this activity at home and enjoy the chill sensorial art happiness together and have fun lovelies?
Stay tuned!!! For more activities from the ChennaiMom ❤️??