Many toddlers are interested in building, stacking, lining the things, breaking.., Why not let them to have all those fun and keep them engaged in play, while they learn to spell and recognize their name simultaneously? This super simple activity can be made in 15min or so..
Below are the detailed instructions of how to do it all by yourself?
- Blocks (kids toy)
- Chart (scraps)
- Color pencils (of your choice)
- Tape (clear)
- Cut the chart into small rectangular shapes so that, it fits the side of the blocks
- Use the color pencils to write the letters of their name on the rectangular chart pieces
- Using a clear tape, stick those letter-inked chart pieces on each side of the blocks (as shown the below pic)
- Finally write your baby’s name on a A4 sheet paper and place the named blocks near the paper and encourage your baby to build their name
Baby moo enjoyed matching the letters, stacking the letters one above the other, building his very own name tower?…, it was super fun because it can be made both horizontally and vertically… this was a never ending process that helped him to learn and recognize the letters of his name while playing with it 😎
This activity helps in name recognition, and spelling, counting (the number of letters) and develops fine motor skill, hand eye coordination..,.
Make this super simple creative name activity at home and have fun building it 😍
Stay tuned!!! For more activities from the ChennaiMom ❤️🙏
This color sorting activity with shape is a fun way, for our babies, to practice color recognition and sorting out the colorful shape. This activity will also keep them moving and gaining knowledge through play which leads to the development of gross motor skills.
- Foam sheets or color papers (of your choices)
- Felt sheets (as same color as, of the foam sheets)
- Cut various shapes from the felt sheets (or you can just use the felt shapes if you have already)
- Place down the foam sheets (or color papers) on the floor (I placed it on the yoga mat) and place the felt shapes too
- Finally encourage your baby to sort out the shapes of same color as that of the foam sheets (or color papers) and place it on them
Baby moo really loved running around sorting the colors through shapes. He had so much fun, he even made snakes out of the long rectangular shapes and joined the sheets together… and the happiness lasted for ages… 😎
Make this super simple activity at home and enjoy the overloaded happiness and have fun lovelies 😍
Stay tuned!!! For more activities from the ChennaiMom ❤️🙏
This activity can be done either by counting the dots or by matching the colors. This simple puzzle activity can be easily made at home within an hour or so. Those vibrant colored foam shape gets the attention of your baby and hence acts a quite time activity too (especially during Easter times) 😎
- Foam sheets
- Oval shape object (or you can draw by freehand)
- Permanent Marker
- Take foam sheets any color of your choice cut an oval (egg) shape either by free hand or by using an oval object
- You can cut as many as you want depending on the number of numbers you like to teach your baby
- Divide the oval shapes into two halves using different kinds of lines and write the numbers in one half and the corresponding counting dots in the other half.
- Finally cut the oval shapes along the black lines.
- Shuffle the halves and let your baby, do the matching, either by counting the dots and matching the numbers or by matching the colors 😉
This activity can be used for learning number recognition, practice counting, improve one-to-one correspondence, to learn about the shape oval and puzzling.
Make this super easy number activity and have a fun filled, puzzled, quite time with your baby and enjoy 😍
Stay tuned!!! for more puzzled-activities from ChennaiMom❤️🙏
To make the summer days fun and enjoyable, we made the sun using household items. It’s a super easy SUN crafts that can be arranged within a minute or two.
- Colored cloth pins(orange or yellow)
- A piece of white paper
- Color pencils
- Double sided Tape
- Take a plate and teach your toddler to clip the cloth pins around the plate
- And take a piece of paper and write the word SUN
- Let your toddler stick it in middle of plate with the help of a double sided tape
- Give them some colored pencils of yellows, reds, oranges,..
- Let them color it as they wish…
- Ta-da our very own SUN is ready to play with.
Baby moo enjoyed making his very own SUN each and every step of it. The fun part was to see him continuously to clip and un-clip the cloth pins after learning to do it.
This activity helps in the development of fine motor skills, to learn to clip and un-clip, to learn about the sun colors, and to play with the SUN itself and to know about it 😎
Make this SUN ☀️ during a sunny day and enjoy the warmth of the sun at home and enjoy 😍
Stay tuned!!!! for more activities from ChennaiMom❤️🙏
💁♀️ Painting itself is a never ending fun activity for all ages. When we have little fingers has a paint brush it takes the painting into a whole new level of messy fun, Which will keep them engaged for hours of sensory play.
Below are the detailed instructions of how to do it all by yourself using household items.
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of corn starch / corn flour
- 3 tbs of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Food coloring (colors of your choice)
- Combine all the above ingredients in a saucepan on a medium heat
- Stir until it thickens
- Cool and pour it into a divided container, cups, plate (or cupcake tray as I did)
- Add coloring as per your wish and let your little artist enjoy 👨🎨
Baby Moo enjoyed a lot. At first he started with one finger but ended with two hands 😁. It was a creative, imaginative, sensorial, messy, fun play activity of the day.
I would highly recommend this activity for any time of the year and also the mess can be controlled if you just pop down a mat or some newspapers down. And you need not be worried too, since it’s homemade – you know exactly what’s in it and it’s “Edible”😎
Have a fun, messy or less-messy painting play lovelies 😍
Stay tuned!!!! for more activities from the ChennaiMom ❤🙏