This super simple puzzle is an easy hands on way of learning, about the shapes which can be made within 30min
- Paddle pop-sticks
- A4 sheet paper (optional)
- Color pencils (optional)
- Scissor (optional)
- Felt shapes (optional)
- Take a pair of the pop-sticks and keep it together and draw the shapes (of your choice) such that it divides in the middle forming a symmetry on each pop-stick and write the name of the shapes at the bottom of each pop-sticks
- Mix all the pairs and place them on a flat surface and encourage your toddler to match the puzzle by pairing the pop-sticks to form a whole shape together
You can do this Activity in two ways:
- Either you draw the shapes on a paper and let your toddler to match and pair on them
- Or use the ⚫️Sensory Silhouette Matching Activity⚫️
For the 1st method:
- Take a sheet of paper draw the shapes, just by giving a thick outline
- Cut the paper into two halves in the horizontal direction and place it on a flat surface and let your toddler, match the puzzled pop-sticks onto their corresponding shapes
- After matching the puzzled pop-sticks you can let your toddler to color the shapes (which will become an additional activity of coloring)
For the 2nd method:
- Just take the ⚫️Sensory Silhouette Matching Activity⚫️ and place the pop-sticks next to them and let your toddler do the matching of the shapes and the pop-sticks ?
At first we did this Activity using the first method and the following week, baby moo noticed the pop-sticks and wanted to do the activity,
As I was a lazy-mom that day, just took the ⚫️Sensory Silhouette Matching Activity⚫️ and placed it before him and told him to do the matching ??
[who knew that this would become a win-win for both mommy and baby moo??]
This Activity improves the fine motor and puzzle skills along with the development of cognitive thinking and also in the learning skills by recognizing the colors and by joining symmetrical shapes together ?
Stay tuned!!! For more activities from the ChennaiMom❤️??