As Halloween was around the corner we made these adorable Jack-O-Laterns using scrap felt sheets
It takes about 30minutes are so to complete these ?
- Felt sheets (Orange, Yellow, Black)
- Pipe cleaners (Green)
- Draw a shape of a pumpkin on a paper and keeping that as model cut out pumpkins from the felt sheets (number of pumpkins is of your choice)
- Now, (the pumpkins eyes, nose and mouth are gonna be in the form of different mathematical shapes) draw some small shapes (of your choice) onto the paper and keeping it as a model, cut out the same from the yellow and black felt sheets
(Here I have used the shape model from the ?Lollipop Shape Matching Activity?)
- Also cut rectangular pieces from the green pipe cleaners to form a stem and Make a hole on the stem area of the pumpkins so that the pipe cleaners gets through them to form a stem
- Finally place the pumpkins, the shapes and the stems on a surface and invite your toddler to build the pumpkins on their own way
At first Baby Moo started doing an activity of touch and feel (Felt, Pipe Cleaners) and later as I showed him, how to make the shapes to form a face on the pumpkins, he just loved the making of the ? with different shapes?
Baby Moo made “a Happy Face, a Sad Face, and a Surprised Face” , it was a speechless and happiest moment for me to see, how the little ones are getting creative and using thier knowledge of learning while playing?
Again he started to make New faces and this time he made Happy faces? (for mommy)
It was going on like an endless cycle for a long time and at last he made a jack-o-lantern with cheeks☺️?? (I dint even think that can be done until he showed me by doing so)
My most favorite from all the above ones, is the below ?? Jack-O-Latern ?
This Activity helps your toddler to think and be creative in his/her own ways without any limitations and also of course learns about the shapes and how they can be manipulated to express different emotions on thier own?
Make these ‘Jack-O-Laterns’ at home for the Halloween and enjoy the ‘Day Of Dead’ with fun-learning my lovlies?
Stay tuned!!! For more Halloween activities from the ChennaiMom❤️??