This creative way of using the pizza savers for matching colors and learning number-patterns is the super-simple and easy to make Activity?
It takes about 30-45 minutes to make them
- Pizza savers
- Foam sheets
- Sketch pens
- Safety pin
- Strong glue or glue gun
- Bottle cap
- Vicks cap
- Take and cut the Velcro into small squares and stick (the rough side of) the Velcro onto the pizza savers as shown below
- Take the scrap foam sheets and using the bottle cap as a model, cut small circles and also stick (the soft side of) the Velcro squares on one side of the circles
- Take a bigger bottle cap (I have used Vicks vaporub bottle cap) and keeping it as a model cut bigger circles from the foam sheets (same colors as that of the smaller circles)
- And place the pizza savers onto the bigger circles, press firmly to make an imprint and using a safety pin make the three holes from the imprint such that the circles goes into the pizza saver as shown below
- First to do the Color Matching place the foam circles and pizza savers on a plate
- And make your toddler to insert the bigger circles into the bottom of the pizza savers
[As the insertion of the bigger circles were quite difficult for baby moos little fingers mama helped him throughout ?]
- Place the circle inserted pizza savers on a surface and the smaller circles on a plate and encourage your toddler to match them
Baby moo enjoyed this whole color matching activity, it was fun learning about the colors and also to match them, to make it much more interesting mommy just added a flavor of patterns into the play?
- Thus to make the Number-Pattern Matching take the foam (both bigger and smaller) circles and write the numbers in a pattern form as shown below
- And place them on a surface and encourage your toddler do the matching as they did for the above Color Matching
To mommy’s surprise Baby moo even placed the numbered pizza savers in the order on the plate???
Baby moo enjoyed and had fun learning about the colors and number-patterns along with mommy ?
This Activity helps in the development of color recognition and number learning with patterns and coordination of the hands and most importantly about the usage of ♻️
Make this super-easy and simple activity at home and teach your little ones about the importance of how, even the waste materials can be used for learning purposes and much more my lovelies?
Stay tuned!!! for more activities from the ChennaiMom❤️??