This was the continuation of the previous activity I wrote here. It was a fun hands on activity to reinforce the education he learnt on the unit parts of the plant in natural environment. This flip book is a keep sake material which can be used whenever your little ones wants to learn or reinforce their knowledge on the Parts of the Plant unit ?
- A4 sheet paper (2)
- Wrapping Tape
- Black sketch pen
- Crayons/Color pencils (of your little ones choice)
- Scrap Cardboard
- Flowers, Leaves, Stem, Roots (of your choice… I have used Rose from our garden along with the leaves, stem from the curry leafs, roots from the Cilantro ?)
- Take two A4 sheets place next to each other and tape it together as shown below
- Turn it around and draw a Plant on the right side
- Before moving on to the making of the flip book; Give some crayons and let your toddler color the parts of the plant
- Once colored close the paper such that it forms a booklet and on the front page write the title (of your choice) and draw a dotted lines along the paper and cut it, in such a way that, when opened it shows the parts of the plant separately ?? as shown below
- Take rectangular cardboard pieces and write the names of the parts of the plant for the little ones to recognize, you can even draw the parts of the plant behind each corresponding part names
- Set all the makings along with the stem, leaf, and flowers collected on a flat surface and let your little one do the learning by doing activity
He even made his own plant on the front side of the booklet with those little parts of the plant names ?
Baby Moo loved playing with it and mommy was super-happy since he was enjoying and learning together by this wonderful Play-way method of teaching and learning my lovelies ?
Stay tuned!!! For more Flip Book Activities from the ChennaiMom ??❤️