Another super easy to make, simple matching activity to develop Art and Math skills in your toddler
- Foam sheets
- Draw and cut the fish outline on a foam sheets (color of your choice)
- Give the sketches to your toddler and let him design his own variety of fishes (number of fishes depends on the numbers you wish to teach your toddler)
I would recommend y’all to give the fishes an outline in black sketch pen so that your little ones will learn to color within (without going out)?
Baby Moo happily played with his fishes for sometime after making them all colorful?
Then Just like that while playing he began to match the sketches with their corresponding colors of his fishes (this was an unexpected extra color matching activity which helped him to learn about the colors by matching them)
- Once your little artist finishes his work just take the fish and cut its tail off
We also did an extra activity of matching colors of his fishy’s to their corresponding color tails
- Then write the numbers on the body and to their corresponding tail as shown in the picture below??
- Mix it all up and place it near your toddler and encourage them to match the fishes to their corresponding tails (by their Numbers)
Baby moo was so happy to give his fishes their tails that he began to match them with their colors first, but later when mommy taught him, he learnt how to do the Number matching gradually (it will take sometime to learn the two digit numbers)
This Activity helps in the development of math and puzzle skills and also to develop their creativity of coloring and art
Make these super-easy ‘Fishy-Tail matching’ activity and have fun enjoying the ‘Art with Math’ my lovelies?
Stay tuned!!! For more activities from the ChennaiMom❤️??